Euromecc’s new eco-hopper for clinker unloading using grab cranes is based on the company’s other designs for the cement and coal industries developed over the last two decades. These bespoke concepts have increased Euromecc’s bulk materials handling expertise and knowhow, enabling the company to start from a solid base.
The eco-hopper has wide top access (6000 x 6000mm) with a total storage capacity of 90 m3 split into two sections. The top section is directly served by 12m3 grabs, and is designed to accept material quickly to avoid dust release. Under the upper section is a screening grid located on top of the self-closing dust flap that prevents the escape of particles.
The overall action is then enhanced by the presence of two large filter units (16.000 m3/h each) which are connected to the lower section and maintain negative pressure for high-efficiency suction. The lower section of the hopper, made of anti-wear Hardox, is connected to a dedusted discharge spout suitable for feeding tipper trucks at a maximum rate of 400 tph and which operates with a dedicated 1800 m3/h filter. This section also has a radar level indicator to monitor the filling level and the presence of material.
The eco-hopper is equipped with four axles and wheels, two of which are equipped with hydraulic steering devices. This enables the hopper to be pulled towards the dock and reduces the grab’s journey according to the vessel’s emptying geometry. Therefore, once the ship is docked, no further movement required is required as all operations are addressed by the grab and the eco-hopper, which also has hydraulic stabilisers that activate once the positioning is over. Moreover, once operations are completed, the equipment can be pulled to a parking area, keeping the dock free.
In terms of the electrical power supply, the unit is fully independent thanks to a 100 kW genset that can meet total power requirements.
When it comes to health and safety considerations, care has been taken to avoid personnel working at height during normal operations. As a result, any components that need to be maintained are served by platforms that have appropriate guarding. There are no ladders to climb as there is stair access to all areas from ground level to the top.
For more technical details, read our article, by clicking on the button below.
Euromecc Mobile Shiploaders are designed to speed vessel loading handling the complete range of dry bulk cargoes. Mobile Shiploaders offer the level of performance normally associated with fixed installations but with complete flexibility. The different configurations allow to load any type of ship and material, with capacities up to 800 ton/h and with the least encumbrance of the harbour dock.
Since no special civil works are required, the capital cost of a new export facility is drastically reduced. The flexibility and fast track availability offered by mobile equipment allows the port operator to react to changing market conditions and to easily relocate or even resell the equipment.
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
- Euromecc Shiploaders are completely mobile thanks to a towing system, on request, through a driving integrated system with motorized wheels. The machine manoeuvrability takes place from the conditioned cabin or from the ground through a radio control which manages all the functions both of load and of manoeuvre.
- Both the front and the back wheels are self-steering, thus allowing three different types of driving:
- Normal: to move the shiploader along the quay.
- Crab: to move the shiploader along the hold, during the loading phase.
- Rotation: to rotate the shiploader 360°.
- The machine feeding can happen through an electrical generator or directly to the electric line.
- Inclinometers mounted along the car’s axles allow to perfectly level the shiploader.
- The unloaded material inside the ship hold takes place through a telescopic duct equipped with a radial movement for the achievement also of the hold sides, allowing the optimization of its filling. The unloading height is adjustable, in order to load the holds of every ship.
- Euromecc Shiploader are provided with an exclusive combined belts system which allows to reduce the number of movements necessary for the ship load and the spaces taken by the machinery on the quay, reaching outreach ability superior with the same length of the belt in comparison to the traditional shiploaders which nowadays are present on the market.
- The hoppers, where the truck unload the bulk material, can contain about 30-35 m3 It is possible to add a second receiving unit that allows two trucks to be simultaneously discharged to maximize the system handling rate and minimize the effect of delays in vehicle positioning.
- The whole machine is closed and has suitable covers in order to avoid the fall of material.
The EUROMECC mobile port plant is designed on wheels and receives cement discharged from ships with a pneumatic system and for simultaneous unloading on truck mixers.
Ideal for the installation in small and medium-sized ports and for the transfer of cement from the ship with pneumatic exhaust system, this mobile port terminal consists of a square-shaped silo and screws system for the extraction and loading of cement on cement trucks.
The machine is completed by the electrical panel for the automated management of the cement loading/unloading phases, the hydraulic system for the stabilization of the machine during the work phases and the dust extracting system.
- Dimensions: 5.000 mm x 5.000 mm x h = 9.500 mm;
- Empty weight: 45 tons;
- Storage capacity: 170 m3;
- Loading points: no. 2;
- Tank load capacity: 2 x 150 ton/h = 300 ton/h;
- Filter surface filter of the dedusting filter: 90 m2;
- Electro-mechanical panel on board the machine: from electric grid (380 V three-phase);
- Installed electrical power: 140 kW.
SYSTEM OF MOBILE CONVEYOR BELTS FOR BULK MATERIALS UNLOADING FROM SHIP
The ship unloading conveyors includes an equipment made of a mobile hopper on wheels and mobile conveyor belts. The hopper collects the bulk material from the mobile shaft of the self-unloading ship, and it is provided with a mobile covering system in order to avoid dust leakage. The material from the hopper goes down towards a first belt – extractor belt – placed under the hopper, which regulates the extraction speed of the bulk material and puts the same on a second belt with double inclination – conveyor belt.
Finally, a radial belt unloads the material coming from the conveyor and transfer it into the storage area. On request, crosswise to the conveyor belt, it is possible to locate a deferrization system, made of an over band electro-magnetic separator, which has the aim to capture eventual metal substances present in the material and collect it in a special tank. The system can be also equipped, on a specific request of the customer, with a continuous weighing system for the capacity check.
- Capacity: up to 1000 ton/h;
- Loading hopper: 50 m3 on for side with anti-dust covering;
- Unloading: 32 m. Belt wide 1,4 m. manoeuvrable and revolving with 60° angle in order to fill big storeyard (bunker) about 7000 m2;
- Transportable materials: coal and also we can arrange the plant for other materials (cement, corn, dust, particle-size materials);
- Mobility: on wheels;
- Manoeuvrability: from the elevated insulated box;
- Alimentation: power line (380 V. three-phased);
- Deferrization system: the plant is provided with a deferrizator to prevent that metals pieces pollute o casually the bunker.